Tuesday, April 12, 2016

I'm Tired.

I’m Tired.


I’m tired of fighting the same battle women decades before me fought.
I’m tired of having to prove my athletic talent and worth because I am female.
I’m tired of being compared to men on a daily basis.
I’m tired of people with uneducated opinions.
I’m tired of young children being influenced by those same opinions.
I’m tired of people who hide behind their computer screens voicing those opinions.

I’m tired of letting those opinions get the best of me.

I’m tired of decisions being made by money, not passion.
I’m tired of some men who think we are beneath them, but have mothers, wives and daughters who are “excluded” from those comments.
I’m tired of corporate America not seeing the value in women as decision makers – decision makers who SPEND MONEY on their families. 
I’m tired of making what one MLB player makes in a single at-bat, in 55 games total, simply because I wasn’t born with a penis. Yeah, I said it.

I’m tired, but I know I’m not the only one who’s tired.

I know I’m not the only one because there were women who fought before me.
I know I’m not the only one because there are women fighting beside me.
I know I’m not the only one because Title IX is real and so is the Equal Pay Act.
I know I’m not the only one because women are slowly infiltrating the corporate ranks, the Presidential ranks, the technology ranks, the science ranks, the anything ranks.
I know I’m not the only one because there are others like me.

Tired.

Tired of staying silent.

Tired of breaking through the same ceiling.

Tired of fighting the same fight.

Tired of the slow and painful…


progress.


I see progress.
I see fight.
I see grit.
I see perseverance.
I see relentlessness.
I see growth.
I see passion.
I see love.
I see hope.

I. See. Hope.

And I see opportunity.
And it is within arm’s reach.

I’m tired.

But I will never rest.

WOMEN will never rest.



Always with a smile,
@EAllard24


9 comments:

  1. Never give up. Never, ever give up. And yes, I'm a man.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amen!!!!! It's about time, you all deserve your equal shsre��

    ReplyDelete
  3. My ladies never rest !! That's why I work to help make them successful on and off the field..! Keep fighting! Coach Doug Paulick Miami Valley Xpress Softball Elite Red 18u

    ReplyDelete
  4. Don't ever rest. You, your teammates and your NPF comrades are an inspiration for the next generation of softball stars!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have a third wind. Grew up with no sports for women. 2nd wind-promoted women's equality in pay, positions & Equal opportunities. Worked diligently in promoting softball and a place for young girls to play softball. 3rd Wind-Now I am supporting the NPF for women's equal rights on the playing field as the men.NPF is starting to grow and hard work on the part of all involved is moving it forward.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I came into the AA and AAA, then the first years of Professional Softball. What a struggle it was then but I loved it. I see the struggle that you, your teammates and the other teams in the league. For the sake of all the up and comers, the ones that want to be just like you, there will come a time, no more struggling. You will be an equal as you should be, and I will still be watching!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Never give up, sooner or later Corporate America will wake up to this hidden Gem called NPF that we love!

    ReplyDelete
  8. no time to be tired you have to fight. " the only easy day was yesterday""

    ReplyDelete